iSelfie - wireless remote selfie camera
(former name: iSelfie - camera remote control)
App Icon (for version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)
App Store Description
* * * * * Selfie is a very clever free app that lets you take pictures from one iOS device, remotely controlling it from another. ...... iSelfie is a nice app that actually solves a problem...
- by TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog), Jan 7, 2014. http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/07/iselfie-a-remote-control-for-your-ios-camera/
* * * * * For iOS users iSelfie is a free app that makes easy for selfies to take photos by pairing two of iDevices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Recommended from TrickyWays http://www.trickyways.com/2014/01/iselfie-remote-control-ios-camera/
* * * * * iSelfie is a free app and really convenient for those who is recruiting a device to take pictures remotely via iPhone.
- Recommended from iAvengers http://www.iavengers.com/apple/iselfie-free-remote-controller-for-the-camera-of-your-iphone/
# # # # #
Do you usually take pictures of yourself, your friends and your family? Now, you can use iSelfie to help you remote control another iOS device to take picture for you! No more re-take. No more missing person. Designed for selfie lovers!
iSelfie is a free app to wireless connect between two iOS devices. One act as camera host, another one act as remote controller. User can choose bluetooth or nearby WiFi to connect. Once connected, remote controller can preview and take picture using the high resolution of back camera of the host. Adjustable timer is also provided for user convenience. This selfie app is unique that can let user preview on remote side.
- wireless connect two iOS devices, one act as camera host, another one act as remote controller.
- support iOS 7 Nearby WiFi. Nearby WiFi is not home WiFi. It is device to device direct connection method. It is better than using bluetooth.
- both devices show the camera preview of the host.
- use high resolution back camera to take picture. Better quality and wider background. No more stretching arm!
- controller able to take multiple pictures when connected.
- adjustable timer on controller, for group of people to get ready.
- remote control the torch mode of the back-LED of the host, if available.
- optional date time and watermark on photo.
- share photo within iSelfie, or share using the default camera roll feature.
- photo save to camera roll, which selfies can edit before share.
How to use:
This app is universal to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Install iSelfie to 2 iOS devices. Choose one of them as Camera Host, the other one as Remote Controller. Then choose either bluetooth or nearby wifi connection (recommended). Wait for the popup dialog box, choose the device to connect and click "Accept" on the other device. Done. User should be able to see camera preview on both devices.
- iOS 5 or above. Nearby WiFi requires iOS 7. Recommend using nearby WiFi for connection.
- iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4 or The New iPad or above hardware.
- No 3G or WiFi router is required. Devices are direct wireless connect to each other.
- for iOS 6 or 7, this app requires to access "Photo" privacy.
- for iOS 5, this app requires to access "Location Services" privacy.
** Remarks / Tips:
- To use Bluetooth for iOS 7 devices, user need to manually turn on Bluetooth in the Setting, before using Bluetooth connection. To get better performance, try to stay away from other bluetooth product.
- To use Nearby WiFi, suggest to switch off Bluetooth, as it may interfere with wifi.
- video tutorial is provided on official support website.
When to use:
- self take pictures at any time, any where!
- best for travelling outdoor.
- birthday party, group event, anniversary, etc. You do not want to miss someone behind the camera.
- temporary baby monitor when you work in the kitchen.
Get it NOW for all your iOS devices! It is the most exciting fun app for taking pictures for yourself, your friends, and your family!
|Hiking outdoor, which using Nearby Wifi connection (iOS 7 required)||Hiking outdoor, using bluetooth connection (required to manually turn on, if using iOS 7)|
1. Bluetooth connection:
- for iOS 7 user, please turn on Bluetooth before using this app. If using Nearby WiFi, please turn off Bluetooth as it will interfere WiFi connection.
- During Bluetooth connection, it is slow and may found the following message. This is normal. Wait for a few seconds more, until the popup dialog box appear.
2. Nearby WiFi connection:
- It is possible to see multiple entries for the same device, when attempt to connect twice. If found the following screen, choose the last entry, or cancel and retry again.
3. Drop connection
- Remember to choose the last entry, if there are multiple entries of device available during connection. If there are many connection and disconnection in a short period of time, the connection may unstable. Try double click the home button and tap away the app to free up the memory.
Focus Lock (for version 1.2)
- To manually change the focus point instead of using auto focus, click on the AE / AF button. Then tap on the screen to change the foucs point. Note that the camera host and the remote controller must be the same orientation.
1.2 - Mar 21, 2014. Add focus lock and white balance features. Enchance user interface.
1.1 - Jan 18, 2014. Bugfix and performance enhancement. Greatly reduce remote camera preview latency!
1.0 - Jan 1, 2014 . Initial version.